The NYU Center for Disability Studies expresses solidarity with the Black Lives Matter and Black Disabled Lives Matter movements.
We have signed the Critical Design Lab’s “Statement on Design Commitments to Abolishing White Supremacy” and would like to pass it on to our list.
We also recommend the following guides to Black disability activism, access, and solidarity:
- Disability Visibility’s Black disability activism reading list
- The Society for Disability Studies (SDS) statement and resource list.
- 26 Ways to be in the Struggle, Beyond the Streets
- Protest Access on Twitter and Instagram (see also Access Activism on Instagram)
- #BlackDisabledLivesMatter protest graphics (by Jen White-Johnson)
Where to donate: The Black Disability Collective, disability activist Sara Luterman, and autism advocate Jen White-Johnson have compiled a list of organizations that support Black people with disabilities, for those interested in making donations.